* baby clothes - pregnancy outreach centers, women's shelters, and churches will be able to get these items to someone who could really use them
* children's clothes - school nurses and counselors know the needs of families and will be able to pass along any donations
* jeans - host a Sole Hope shoe cutting party and your old jeans can become shoes for children in Africa
* stuffed animals - check with your local police/fire department to see if they use them for emergency calls
* construction materials/items from remodel - Habitat for Humanity ReStore
* eyeglasses - can be refurbished and distributed to those in need (check your local Lions Club to find the nearest collection site)
* children's books - local libraries, teachers, or Books and a Blanket
* magazines - Meals on Wheels recipients love receiving magazines with their meals
* toiletries - hotel size toiletries are perfect to use for blessing bags or to donate to your local school food pantry (sadly, our schools are filled with homeless children - individualized sizes of shampoo/soap are great to have when they have access to school showers)
-Do you travel for work or know others that do? Will you be vacationing later this summer? Bring back your hotel toiletries and be a blessing to others! It won't cost you anything!
* extra school supplies - am I the only one who has a drawer full of unsharpened pencils?! Check with teachers (especially the older grades who tend to get forgotten) and your local Stuff the Bus project.
* old smart phones/iPods - check with teachers at a nearby school - what seems outdated and worthless to us can be put to use in a classroom
* outgrown sports equipment - check with your local sports leagues and see if there are kids in need that could benefit from your kiddos outgrown equipment
* winter coats - you might have to hold on to these till it gets cold again (hint - I bag up donations for later and put them in my attic with a sticky note on the outside then I also put a date on my calendar for later to "check attic for donations) :)
* garden produce - contact your local food bank if you have been blessed with a bountiful crop that you would like to share
* unused make-up samples - love getting the free gift but never use all the items? Why not give them to your local women's shelter?
* aluminum cans - most of us recycle but another option is to sell them and use the money to bless others
and come back on Wednesday for the Waiting on...Wednesday link-up - a place where you can link up what you are waiting on, going through, making, anything - as long as it's family-friendly! :)
Be sure you check out my FAVORITE link-ups page to see where I'm linking up today. Stop by and show them some love! :)