"They" say it takes 21 days to create a habit. Will you join me in a 21 day love challenge? Twenty one days of opening our eyes to those around us. Twenty one days of loving our neighbors. Twenty one days to change our homes/neighborhoods/communities/world! I believe we can make a difference!
1. Check in with your neighbors. Want to go above and beyond? Go bearing gifts of baked goodies!
2. Volunteer. One of the greatest ways you can serve your community is with the gift of your time and resources.
3. Let someone skip ahead of you in line. Such a simple act of love could mean so much to someone that is in a hurry.
5. Print coupons at home and then head to the store to share, share, share!
6. Pay it forward by paying for the car behind you in the drive-thru line.
7. Use sticky notes and leave positive messages wherever you go!
8. Know a single mom/new parents/or parents that could use a night to recharge? Offer to babysit their kiddos!
9. Have cold bottles of water ready for the sanitation workers/UPS delivery person/mail person, etc.
10. Leave a pile of pennies near a fountain for others to make a wish.
11. On garbage pick-up day, return all the trash cans to your neighbors' houses.
12. Go to a bank drive-thru just to give the teller a treat!
13. Leave an encouraging note with sidewalk chalk.
14. Think of someone who rarely gets appreciated and shower them with words of affirmation, a hug, or a simple "thank you."
15. Thank our public servants with cards, baked goods, and/or prayers.
16. Surprise the cart attendants at your local box store with a cold Gatorade and snack.
17. Leave popcorn and a note at a video kiosk.
18. Buy a candy bar and surprise the clerk at the grocery store register.
19. Fill toy machines with quarters. It's amazing how quickly .25 can turn into a big smile!
20. Only leave positive and uplifting comments on social media.
21. Stop by the hospital and load up a few vending machines with change.
I can't/won't deny that there is so much evil in our world. But, we must, absolutely must, love good more than we hate evil!
Will you join me in this 21 day love challenge? Who knows - your one act of kindness could make all the difference!